I was looking for a special pin to hang charms and key chains on to ita bags. I didn't know what I was looking for but I knew its out there. I used safety pins to hang up 20 charms to try out the Nero Bag. Back then, I just received the Nero bag sample from the factory.
Nero Messenger Itabag with detachable foam insert
Echo Backpack Itabag with detachable foam insert
My experience using safety pins to hang my charms was meh. It was frustrating because I couldn't get the charms to line up straight. The charms were always somehow off by a little and they didn't sit or positioned in the right spot. Then the length of the pin metal that was showing, was never uniform. Some times it show too much or some times i couldn't wrap the pin around the metal loop on the charm. When I tried to pin the charms on the bottom of the bag, I find myself fighting for space like fighting for air to breathe. There just wasn't enough space for my hands to adjust the charms. Then I pricked myself countless time. The worst thing was when I thought the pin is not going through the fabric, so I pushed a little harder, just to jump out of my skin because the pin needle struck flesh, and its deeeeep. I gave the safety pins so many death stares, but in the end I still had to handle them with care. Life is so unfair, its abusive. hahah
Nero messenger decorated with safety pins.
I think the safety pin is adequate to do its job as securing the charm to the fabric of an ita bag. But it lacks grace in appearance. It is a pain to use it and very frustrating with tight spaces. It is inefficient and takes a lot of effort to re arrange or redesign your display. After seeing so many ita bags, I respect all the ita bag fans for being super patient and full of passion when decorating their collections. They take the time to hide the pins from showing by hiding them under another pin or charm. That takes great skills.
Let me introduce to you the front attachment charm pin. I felt my heart almost jumped out of my body. lol. I felt the sense of satisfaction and finally found the missing piece to a puzzle. I felt the emptiness filled. hahahah. This pin is a game changer. I am so happy for the itabag community because the benefits of this pin is so amazing. Can you believe this? A front attachment pin can give us a quality of life? lol.
I may be bias, I think the front pins are great alternatives to safety pins for attaching and securing charms to Ita Bags and Ita Bag Inserts. I prefer this method over safety pins for the following reasons.
1. I use the front charm pins to attach charms to the front of the ita bag insert vs the back. Front charm Pins will eliminate the struggle to work in tight spaces from the back of an itabag, especially on the perimeter of the bag.
2. There is no lock for the front charm pins, it is a simple push and pull to reposition and secure the pin on the spot! Unlike the safety pin, it requires a lock to the pin from the back, its difficult to work with blind sighted sometimes.
3. Mapping, planning and re-adjusting a charm placement or location is more accurate and efficient because I can see the big picture from the front. I can see in real time where the charm will be secured.
4. The hanging surface of the front charm pins are almost not visible. Most of the time, viewer don't notice the front charm pins holding up the charm. This is one of the best feature of these pins.
5. The appearance of the display is more uniform, organized and less cluttered because the front charm pins are not visible. The appearance of your overall decoration will look very elegant.
6. It takes significantly less time to decorate my collection with the front charm pins than safety pins. This is another benefit of the front charm pins that I appreciate.
7. I can hang more charms on an insert using front charm pins vs safety pins. Another benefit as a result of using these pins. It will free up spaces to accommodate more pins. I can definitely maximize my working surface with these pins.
It is time to move on from the abusive relationship with safety pins. hahah They take up a lot of time and energy. Decorating an itabag is suppose to be creative, fun, and relaxing for the user. Decorating an itabag can put you in the zone and forget about life for just one moment. Try out the front attachment charm pins on your next ita bag, it a match made in heaven for itabags. :).
Option 1: Weave the charm pin into fabric lining.
Option 2: Push front pin straight down if your itabag is lined with foam or cardboard backing.
Option 3: Use front charm pins for charm with metal ring.
Tips 4: Use charm pins for charm without metal ring.
If you find this information helpful. Tag us on our social media @anijistyle for Instragram and/or Facebook to share your handy work. :)